Friday, June 21, 2013

Epcot




















Epcot

Epcot Theme Park opened in 1982 and even though I had heard good things about it, I hadn't visited it before. For the next few days I plan to share images taken during our time there. It is so big and there is so much to see that even though we stayed nearly 8 hours, we barely had time to walk around parts of it without going inside most of the pavilions.

However, we did explore a few attractions, the best of which is called Soarin'. There was quite a line-up for it but we got a Fast Pass - scanned our cards and got tickets for a specific time later in the day. When it was our turn we didn't have to line up for 75 minutes but went through a much faster line. Once inside, we sat on a row of seats and were raised off the ground in front of a huge screen for an aerial ride over California. It was so realistic that it felt like we were actually flying over mountains, ocean, rivers, deserts, forests, buildings - just about anything you can think of including the fireworks at Disneyland. I recommend this attraction to any of you who plan to visit Epcot. It was so good, I wanted to do it again and actually asked one of the attendants if I could stay. He told me that I would have to go outside and line up again but I didn't really want to spend another 75 minutes in line. :(

Today's photos show several images of Spaceship Earth, a geodesic sphere that is the icon of this theme park which is over twice the size of the Magic Kingdom. Epcot is dedicated to the celebration of human achievement especially technological innovation and the celebration of different cultures. Other images show a few of the buildings, art, flowers, fountains and landscaping.


Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...