Friday, October 14, 2011

Drop Zone 1










Drop Zone 1

In mid-August the local Easter Seals Association held their first Drop Zone in the City of St. John's. Fifty people from the area proved they were local heroes by repelling off the top floor of Atlantic Place - a distance of 150 feet. It may not seem like much but these people, most of whom had never done anything like that before mustered all their courage and completed their "drops" safely. It took a lot of nerve and because of their courage, they raised over $50 000 for disabled children in this area.

I photographed several people from the ground, then went to the top floor to shoot photos of the heroes as they descended. When I was looking down, I could get a sense of what the people were feeling as they slowly descended to the ground while holding themselves by a rope. I am not afraid of heights but was glad that I was tied on by a rope as I leaned out over the roof to get a few photos. Check my Blog to see more images.

For the next three days, I plan to share photos of the brave souls who participated in this worthwhile event.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...