Friday, August 05, 2011

Venice 4















Venice 4

While walking through the streets of Venice I saw many opportunities to photograph people, however when using the Nikon Coolpix P500 I found that it was difficult to compose, focus and make an image before the scene changed.

It was fairly late as we were headed back to the boat when I saw a couple dressed in costume posing under the columns of the Doge's Palace. I was too far away to use my Canon EOS with 17-40 mm lens so I turned on the Nikon, and tried to compose the photo before the couple stopped posing. Luckily there was no one in from of me and I was able to get the photo. Then, as my camera was saving the picture, the couple kissed, but I missed that beautiful image. Then I took another as soon as the camera was ready. While it was saving the second image a group of people walked by and stopped in front of me making it impossible to get another photo. I started walking towards the couple, but the photo shoot they were doing was finished and they walked away. This was one of my favourite photos from the entire day and it was the only time that day that I wished I had my 70-300 mm lens with me. :(

I've included a few other photos taken during my first day in Venice including interesting doors, windows and artwork. I liked the line of gondolas headed away from the main tourist areas. I also liked the image with four small empty tables outside a café in one of the squares we came across.

A guy feeding pigeons in Piazza San Marco caught my attention and I made a few photos, this time using my Canon EOS. A white and black pigeon landed on his arm and tried to eat from the bag he was holding. The bird took off just as I took the photo which added action to the scene. Today's image was cropped from the original wide shot.

All over the square, groups of musicians were playing music for the people eating in the restaurants and cafés. There weren't a lot of people eating, but quite a few were enjoying the sounds of Antonio Vivaldi, one of the most famous Venetian composers of Baroque music.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...