Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Croatia 7














Croatia 7

Croatia was the first country in which one of our tours stopped in the countryside and today's photos show some of the images I made of the sights there. On the way, I noticed a house with bullet holes near every window. I assume this is one property that had been attacked during the war in the early 1990s. We were told that many of the houses in this area were occupied by Serbs during that war. Imagine how upset the lives of Croatians must have been during a war that occurred only 20 years ago! I've uploaded three images of this building to my Blog today.

Roses are beautiful no matter where they grow and the beautiful pink blooms were not an exception. I've uploaded photos of yellow roses this morning as well. The third image shows a fig growing on a tree near the country home where we had dinner. I've also uploaded more photos of vegetable gardens, beehives and cypress trees to my Blog.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...