Monday, August 29, 2011

Croatia 6














Croatia 6

As we ate lunch and drank home-made wines and liqueurs at a country home that's been owned by the same family since the 1300s, I took a few minutes to make photos inside that part of the house. Our guide told us that this home, like many others in the area, was ransacked and occupied by the Serbs during the war in the early 1990s. Fortunately, when the war ended, the government paid for repairs and reconstruction of houses in the rural areas and encouraged owners to return by offering a tax-free period to let them get on their feet again.

I liked the wine bottle on the table and made three of four images of it from different angles, one of which I have hanging on my kitchen wall now. There were several old paintings on display and I have uploaded a few of them to my Blog today. I also photographed several bottles of liqueurs fermenting in the sun just outside the door.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...