Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spring 3 - Pansies







Spring 3 - Pansies

I hadn't planned to continue the Spring Plants series today but since it was such a beautiful, sunny day here in Holyrood yesterday, I made several photos showing how much things have changed in just two days.

Today I am sharing photos of pansies that seem to have exploded into colour over the past couple of days. The first shows a tiger pansy which wasn`t in bloom on Monday when the photos I`ve been sharing for a couple of days were taken. My wife purchased a pot of these interesting pansies three summers ago and even though the info stated that they may come back a second year, these particular flowers are now in their third year. Unlike the other pansies in my yard, they are not spreading, but I am glad that plant continues to grow.

The second photo shows a "normal" yellow pansy that is common in my yard. The white and blue pansy was the first to bloom this year and this plant has numerous blooms. If you are interested, I`ve uploaded 4 more images of the pansies to my Blog this morning.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...