Monday, May 02, 2011

Lobster Cove Lighthouse






Lobster Cove Lighthouse

Lobster Cove Lighthouse is located near Rocky Harbour in Gros Morne National Park. I have photographed this lighthouse several times and have shared seven different photos previously on August 25, 2010. Feel free to check them on my Blog. You might wonder what would be different about the photos taken during different trips to the lighthouse, but each time is different: the weather, time of year, number of people around, lighting, etc. Once a wedding party was being photographed there and, of course, I took a few photos even though I didn't know them. I'll probably share those when they are scanned.

The building attached to the lighthouse is a park interpretation exhibit these days and I did go through it many years ago. In the past I assume the lighthouse keeper and his family lived there. There are trails that will allow you to photograph the lighthouse from nearly any angle, though trees block the view from some angles. If you like visiting and photographing lighthouses and are visiting Gros Morne National Park, put this on your list of things to see.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...