Saturday, May 14, 2011

Moose 4






Moose 4

Today's photos show the young moose kneeling down while eating the fresh shoots of grass. As I said yesterday, there was no sign of the mother so I assumed she had already driven this calf away. The calf was very skinny and ignored the people around her so I suspect it was very hungry. I've uploaded pictures of the scars on her side to my Blog this morning. Someone suggested it could be coyotes, but I am not certain. It is truly awesome to be so close to one of the five moose that I have photographed in my yard this week.

I have three Moose Galleries at:http://www.lanephotography.com/moose/moose.htm

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...