Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Salmon Cove Beach






I've been to Salmon Cove Beach often and still enjoy it every time. Today I chose to share a few images from a photo trip in late July, 2001. Though there were many people on the beach that beautiful day, I thought you would enjoy the seascapes without seeing people. I'll share photos with people in the scenes at another time.

The three photos are actually different views of the same scene. I made the photos as I walked up the beach. You can see the island shown in the third photo in each of the others. I have watched others taking photos on the beach and most make images of their children and other family members. A few point their cameras towards the ocean to capture seascapes but they don't seem to take a lot. What type of photos do you take when you go to the beach? Do you make more than a few?

If you look closely at the last photo you can see a flock of birds flying around the island. You will also see a few people sitting on the rocks below. They have disturbed the terns which nest on the island.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...