Saturday, June 13, 2009

Holyrood






I have lived in the Town of Holyrood for 27 years and still go to the harbour to photograph the activity there. On May 28, I shared several photos of sailboats in the harbour and today the people in the boats are fishing for squid. Traditionally, Holyrood was known as the "squid-jigging ground", but for the past few years there hasn't been a lot of squid, but when they are around, many small boats take advantage of the opportunity to catch a few. These photos were taken on September 2, 2006.

Feel free to check out the 19 photos in my updated Holyrood Gallery at: http://lanephotography.com/holyrood/holyrood.htm

1 comment:

bearkat said...

Bruce, been enjoying seeing all these little villages and colorful houses in the area where you live!! Have a good weekend...

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...