Friday, May 25, 2007

The Narrows

Yesterday I attended a field trip to Signal Hill in St. John's. We walked all around the Signal Hill Trail from the top of the hill to the Lower Battery. It was a beautiful day with not much wind - unusual for that part of St. John's.

I am sharing 2 photos of fishing boats going through the Narrows, the entrance to St. John's Harbour. The first shows a boat approaching the entrance to the harbour. Because I was shooting towards the sun, the lighthouse on the opposite shore is barely visible. The second shows part of the trail I had just walked over with two boats that just went through the narrows. The trail winds around the steepest part of the cliffs and many people were nervous. There is one place where you have to hold a chain because the trail is so narrow and the cliffs are so steep.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...