Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Woody Point, Bonne Bay

Woody Point is a town situated in scenic Bonne Bay (see August 11, 2006 post) I visited this area twice during my visit to Western Newfoundland in early August and have been there many times over the past 25 years. However, this is the first time that I went down a gravel side road that took me to a beach with several fishing stages.

The first photo this morning shows a view taken from the head of a wharf looking back towards the town. The second shows a fishing stage with the high cliffs in the background. It was a beautiful, calm morning with few clouds - ideal for photographing this scenic community.

Because the town is located within Gros Morne National Park, it has become a tourist destination for many visitors who wish to explore the history and culture of the area, scenic Bonne Bay, the Tablelands, as well as the excellent trails.



No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...