Saturday, August 12, 2006

Gros Morne National Park

In my last post, I sent photos of Bonne Bay showing the Tablelands and Woody Point taken from a scenic lookout near Norris Point. The same morning, I drove into a little town called Neddies Harbour. I took the three photos today from the beach looking across the harbour towards Norris Point with the Tablelands in the background.

The first photo shows three boats in the foreground, then I zoomed closer to the town (using my 75-300 mm lens) for each of the subsequent photos. Even though all three photos were taken from the same position, each is different from the others. I mention this because, when shooting digital photos I always shoot more than one photo, and usually, more than one composition of the same scene.

Though I have visited Gros Morne at least once a year over the past 25 years, I have never taken the same photo twice. In fact, this was the first time I had driven down the road to Neddies Harbour.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...