Sunday, August 27, 2006

Point Pleasant Park, Halifax

Today I am continuing my series of photos of Point Pleasant Park in Halifax.
I wish to emphasize the effect the mist had on the photographs taken there. The first photo shows a few people enjoying a leisurely walk through the park. The scene is "softened" by the mist. If you look carefully in the right of the photo, just below my name, you can see a faint outline of a red and white crane. When I took the next photo, I zoomed in on the crane to show it more clearly. The third photo shows what the scene was like before the mist came ashore. The dock, with all the cranes and containers is adjacent to the park. If I had taken the first photo without the mist, the cranes would have dominated the beauty of the scene.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...