Thursday, August 31, 2006

Late Summer Flowers

Even though summer is drawing to a close here in Holyrood, the flowers in my back yard are still blooming and providing lots of colour.

I shot up towards the sky for the first two photos. I thought that the blue sky would make a nice background for the black-eyed susans and dahlias. The orange and yellow nasturtiums were so prolific that our yard is very bright, even on a dull day. A single lily grew in one part of the flower garden, but no one remembers planting one.

I have many more photos of flowers, but I will probably save them until some time during the winter when a splash of colour will be a welcome sight!




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...