Monday, August 14, 2006

Trout River

Today's photos were taken in Trout River, and are a little different than the scenic photos I've been sending over the past while.

The first shows a red barn with an open door. Since the early morning sun had a reddish hue, it made the reds even redder. I liked the colours, the open door and the diagonal line created by the pole.

When I saw a great blue heron standing on the end of the wharf, I was really surprised. I knew that they visit the Codroy Valley (much farther south on the island part of our province) but didn't expect to see one in Gros Morne. I got fairly close in my car and took a couple of photos through the window. When I opened the car door to try to sneak closer, it flew off. I didn't see it again.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...