Friday, January 08, 2021

Mourning Doves












Mourning Doves

I visited a friend of mine in Bonita Terra, in Florida, and he was excited to show me a mourning dove that had built a nest on the windshield of his vehicle.  He had moved the nest to a bowl and put it in the same place to see if the dove would accept it.  He was surprised that the dove returned to the nest.  Now, he could move the next and eggs if he needed to move his vehicle, then replace it when he returned. The bird was amazingly calm when he moved the bowl, nest, eggs, and dove to a temporary location while he was away.  Unfortunately, I returned home before the chicks hatched.  

The following year, another friend had a dove's nest right next to their door and I did get photos of the chicks that year.  If you would like to view my Doves Album, feel free to check this link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10157538304465329&type=3

Feel free to share! 

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...