Sunday, October 19, 2014

Citadel Hill














Citadel Hill, Halifax

Hurricane Gonzalo is around 50 km (31 miles) off the south eastern coast of the Avalon Peninsula.  It is raining hard outside and we have received over an inch of rain in the last hour.  It is just getting light outside and it looks and feels like a normal rainy day here. 

While visiting Halifax last month I decided to visit The Citadel.  I visited this place when I was in army cadets and training in Aldershot in 1965.  My memories of that visit are very vague and my most vivid memory was of a statue of a giant (7 ft tall) from Cape Breton.  Other than that, all I remember is moving from room to room looking at the various displays.  My first impression this trip was that the Citadel is much bigger than I remembered. 

The photos I am sharing today were taken in and around the first building you see when you enter from the parking lot.  There were people dressed in period costumes and I made photos of those I saw.

Over the next few days I will share photos from that visit.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...