Thursday, October 30, 2014

Grand Falls, 1970's











Grand Falls, 1970's

I lived in Grand Falls in the 1970's and took many, many rolls of black and white film.  In those days I did freelance photography for The Advertiser, the local paper.  I photographed many events in the town and still have most negatives.  A while back I scanned a few of them and thought this would be a good time to share them.

I don't have the specific event but I think that one is a Christmas Concert with performances by St. Catherine's and St. Mike's students. Other photos were taken at a St. Catherine's / St. Mike's Graduation. The photos were taken 40 years ago.  If the kids in the photos were in their mid-to-late teens, they are now now in their mid-to-late 50's.  :)   If you know anyone in the photos, let me know.

I happened upon a car accident on the Trans Canada Highway near Atlantic Building Supplies (not sure if that's the correct name).  I believe this photo was published in the paper.


I also made photos at many hockey games and recently came across this photo of Joe Byrne who posed for a quick photo in the stadium that was later named after him.  I think he was still coaching the Cataracts when this photo was taken. Not sure of the guy with him ... may be Mr. Davis?

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...