Saturday, January 05, 2013

Dubrovnik, Croatia 6















Dubrovnik, Croatia 6

My wife and I returned to the Grandeur of the Seas for a break from the hot sun. After an hour or so, I decided to head back into the town to make more images. When the bus dropped us off, I walked up the narrow road that went around the outside of the fort. I had no Idea how far I would have to walk, but after a few minutes I came to another entrance. When I entered, I realized that I was on the top level of streets and that all the stairways led down to the main street.

In one photo you will see an older lady sitting in front of her house. She looked up from her knitting as I took her picture, then called me over. She showed me the knitted items she was selling and told me about them in Croatian - I had no idea what she was saying and didn't have change to purchase anything so I excused myself and left. Imagine how few people she sees in a day compared to the shops on the main streets far below.

Today's Newfoundland and Labrador Link of the Day is Brigus South. The photo below was taken in 1981 and the stages no longer exist.


Newfoundland and Labrador
Link of the Day






Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...