Friday, September 30, 2011

Burin Peninsula 17








Burin Peninsula 17

Today is the last in the series of photos taken with my Nikon Coolpix P500 during the second day of travel on the Burin Peninsula in mid-July. Since a few of you have been asking for more information about this particular camera, I thought you would enjoy seeing the types images created by using it in a variety of situations.

I liked the objects hanging in the windows of the "fish store" and made photos through three of them. In these examples you can see the outside scene and the objects in the window are silhouetted except for the light coming through the bottles.

The light from the window provided good backlighting which made the blue bottles stand out. The problem was that the window was very bright in the background so I tried three views. These photos illustrate why I take more than one image of a subject that has caught my interest.

The third photo shows a closer view of one of the shelves with a variety of bottles. One is Beef Iron Wine, which I had never heard of before. The golf ball was from Austria and the "stubby" beer bottle had been pulled from the ocean with a type of coral growing on it.

As I said yesterday, I thought you may be interested in seeing part of this private collection of interesting things. I am not sure if they can be classified as antiques, but there were quite a few "old" things there for sure.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...