Monday, September 19, 2011

Burin Peninsula 6





Burin Peninsula 6

As you enter the Town of Grand Bank, you will see a life-sized replica of a fishing stage complete with a dory, small lighthouse and a little artificial water. It is sort of ironical that they use this well-maintained replica as an introduction to the town when the real stages in nearby communities are slowly falling into the ocean.

As you can see, I shot wide views of the stage, then zoomed in for closer views of the various parts of it. It was still cloudy when we arrived at Grand Bank. We drove around the town and stopped a couple of times before getting lunch in one of the restaurants there.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...