Saturday, January 30, 2010

Y - Yard Art






There is a house on the main road in Victoria (located on the Avalon Peninsula about an hour's drive from my home) that I have photographed several times because of the colourful yard art which has captured the attention of thousands. The person who owns this house has spent a lot of time, energy and money to create this display which is possibly the most photographed house in the area. There are For Sale signs on the two red, white and blue posts as well as in the large window so I assume the owner sells the yard art.

I drove by one day and saw a man mowing the grass, which I thought must be very tedious if he has to mow around all the figures. When I look at the grass, however, I suspect he pulls the figures out of the ground as he mows. Either way, it would be a tough job to mow this lawn. :)

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...