Saturday, January 02, 2010

House






My photo trip to the Port de Grave Peninsula gave me the opportunity to see changes in the community since my last visit. The first photo was taken in Hibb's Cove, Conception Bay in August 2001, and the others show the same house as it looked one week ago. It has deteriorated a lot in eight years. In 2001, the house and fence were painted and the roof was in good condition.

In a town with several museums, this house could be used as a part of the "museum experience" in Hibbs Cove. Maybe it could be part of a living museum where people could actually grow a few vegetables, bake fresh bread, make butter, dry fish ... show tourists how the early settlers lived here. It would be a shame to lose it.


No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...