Friday, January 22, 2010

Q - Quidi Vidi Village





I don't have a lot of photographic subjects that begin with Q, but I do have lots of photos of Quidi Vidi Village which is located in the east end of the City of St. John's. It is a quaint little village that I have photographed many times.

In the Spring of 2008 an iceberg floated into the small harbour and thousands of people visited the area to see the interesting site. The photos show the size of the iceberg as compared to the people in the foreground. I bet there aren't a lot of places where a person can get so close to an iceberg without a boat!

In 1981 I lived in Pleasantville, just minutes walk from Quidi Vidi Village, and photographed the entire town and surroundings for a slide show I was working on at the time. I have been scanning slides since November and am still working on those I took in 1980. In a while, I will soon scan some of the slides taken in Quidi Vidi and share a few of them at a later date.

1 comment:

Sure said...

wow! great photos!

regards!

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...