Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Flowers






Flowers brighten up dull days in spring, summer and fall but photographs of them can brighten the short days and long nights of winter.

The deep red cones are the sexual reproductive parts of a Japanese larch tree growing in my yard and I have photographed them often over the years. The alder catkins are another photographic subject and I have many images in both slide and digital formats. I like pansies, which are among the hardiest plants growing around here, especially macro views.

I am considering another A-Z theme soon. The last was a series of Communities (A-Z) in May-June 2009 and the previous to that was in October 2008. You can find these in my Photo of the Day Blog. This time of the year is always the most difficult to choose photographs because I am not taking very many and have to go back through my files to find images of interest.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...