Sunday, November 01, 2009

To Mountain 4






The first two photos this morning show part of a small pond on a bog located at the base of the first mountain, which I shared photos of yesterday. The next two was taken at the base of the second mountain. In the background you can see the rounded peak of the third mountain; my destination. Note the edge of a pond in the bottom right of that photo. The last image shows a view of that pond taken as I head off toward the peak, another 15 minutes away.

I want to share these images with you because I have mentioned my hikes to the hills many times and I wanted you to see what the land looks like. Of course, you can't smell the fresh air, hear birds singing or the flies buzzing about. This year there were fewer insects than normal years, which may have been due to the warm weather in May and early June along with a couple of heavy frosts.


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I JUST love your subject matters.
I try to take photos as you do, I see beauty in so many things when behind a camera. I do not have the skill to use a better camera, or should I say, the desire to learn to use one....happy with my Auto mode, but boy, I sure do love your zoom pictures which you take with a special lens. Sure wish I could walk with you on your many
adventures.
Bellis6

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for your positive comments.
I always encourage photographers, despite the camera they use, to take photos of everything they see that they think would make an interesting photo.

Shoot lots! Remember you can crop photos later - similar to having a good zoom lens! :)

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...