Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dance






In June 2006, I photographed a dance rehearsal at the Arts and Culture Centre in St. John's. In October of that year I shared three abstract images I made that day, but the photos were very tiny so I am sharing similar images of the abstracts again. These images were made through a translucent curtain that caused the dancers to be out of focus. As the lighting changed, I continued to make photos.

After viewing the abstracts, a friend commented that if she takes a photo that is out of focus, she thinks she is a bad photographer and discards it, but that I see it as art and keep it for future use! There is some truth in that statement. Often, I will save an image that is blurry and out of focus because it may be useful in the future.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...