Saturday, October 31, 2009

To Mountain 3







The first photo this morning was taken looking back towards the lake behind my house. The trail takes me up the side of the first of three hills and I took this photo about half way up the first. The curved tree makes a good rest stop and by the time I reach this point, I am usually breathing very heavily and my heart is pounding, so I take a break here for a few minutes before continuing on. Continuing on, I came out of the woods and looked up the steep cliff from the base of the hill. Even though the area is fairly high above sea level, there are still lots pf plants including the official flower of Newfoundland and Labrador, the pitcher plant, which I photograph often.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...