Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Moose






I had planned to share more candid photos today, but I wanted to share photos of a couple of moose that I saw just behind our house yesterday. I have been photographing the same two moose over the past 4 days, but the sun yesterday added a different dimension to the photos. I was glad to see them yesterday because on Sunday I heard several shots in the same area - the hunting season opened on October 3 and won't close until January 3. That cuts down on my hikes through the woods for a while.

The first photo shows a mother moose and her calf, born in the Spring. The second photo shows the mother and the third shows the calf. As you can see, they are both aware of me standing less than 50 feet away. After a while the mother directed the calf and wandered into the woods.

As much as I like photographing moose, I hope they wander farther into the forest where they may be safer. I have photographed these moose several times since Spring and they allow me to get fairly close - I guess they realize I am not a threat. However, this time of the year, they are in danger from humans.

Feel free to check out more of my moose photos at: http://lanephotography.com/moose/moose.htm.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...