Sunday, October 11, 2009

Candids 6





Yesterday I mentioned that I sometimes use people photos in slide shows or publications. This morning I am sharing candids that have been published in slide shows about tourism in Newfoundland and Labrador. Including people in the photos show potential tourists that they too could get to the destination depicted in the image.

I was driving along a side road in South River, Conception Bay and stopped to photograph two men making hay. I didn't get out of my car to make the photos because I knew from experience that if they had seen me they may have stopped what they were doing and the photo could be missed.

In the summer of 1982 I photographed a lady who was painting the islands and seacoast in St. Michael's on the southern shore. I wonder if she ever finished and sold the painting she made that day. The artist in Petty Harbour was so involved in his art, that he didn't hear me taking a photo of him at wotk.

Two people admiring the view of Bird Rock in Cape St. Mary's were totally unaware of me as I took this photo before continuing on to photograph the northern gannets.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...