Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wildlife Park






For years I refused to photograph animals in zoos and wildlife parks because I hated seeing the animals in cages. In fact, I remember that during my first visit to the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park back in the early 70s that the animals were kept in small cages. I am happy that animals are kept in much larger enclosures these days. I still don't like to see animals that are caged, but realize that the animals kept at many parks were injured and may have died if they hadn't been brought there. In addition, I have been able to view (and photograph) animals and birds that I would never have seen in the wild.
The photos today show wolves, bears and a river otter that were looking through the wire fences of their enclosures.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...