Friday, September 07, 2007

Rainbow/Sunset

This morning I chose two photos taken in my backyard late on a July evening in 2001. You will notice how the colours of the sky looked different when I changed the view. As the sun sets in the west, the colours of these hills turn a reddish-orange colour. It is a beautiful sight and, in my opinion, the rainbow in these photos adds to it!

The reddish hills in the background are the ones to which I have been hiking all summer. They are about 1.5 miles from my house (as the crow flies), but since I am walking on trails through the woods, I suspect it is closer to two miles each way. At the beginning of the summer it took me around 45 minutes to get to the nearest hill (directly above the "a" in "photography" in the first photo). On Monday, it took me 50 minutes to get to the highest point on the ridge. I guess all that walking was good for me.

These photos were taken with my Olympus C2100 (2.1 Megapixel) camera which was brand new back then.




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...