Monday, March 07, 2022






Windsurfer

One morning in 1994, I was listening to the radio in my office and heard that a windsurfer from Europe was leaving that day to cross the Atlantic Ocean from St. John's to Great Britain on his wind surfboard. I immediately drove to Fort Amhearst to get a few photos of him leaving the harbour. I am sharing the photos as he was pulled into the harbour.  He started and stopped numerous times because the wind kept knocking his sail down.  He didn't make it very far before he realized that there was no way he would make it across the North Atlantic and quit! I thought it was a bit too ambitious at the time.

Feel free to share

 

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...