Sunday, November 28, 2021








Firefighters

On a cold evening in the late 1970s, I happened to drive by a raging fire in the Alteen's Jewelry store on High Street in Grand Falls.  I photographed the firefighters as they tried to control the blaze.  

In those days, I carried 2 camera bodies - one loaded with colour slide film  and the other with b&w.  I shot the photos in black and white because I thought they may get published in the Advertiser.  However, unlike today, there were no instant results.  I had to deliver the film to be developed and printed and wait for the job to be completed.  I believe they did publish a few of them even though there was a bit of a delay.

I have started an album in which I will upload all the photos I have of the fire.  You can follow it here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2070475736426528&type=3

Feel free to share

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook:

 

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...