Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Admiral's Beach










Admiral's Beach

Admiral's Beach is located in St. Mary's Bay and the first time I visited there in the mid-80s, it was quite busy with an active fish plant. Since the closure of the cod fishery, I have been there a few times and it seems to be less vibrant each time.

As you can see, the building near the public wharf is falling down. However, there were a few large fishing boats tied to the wharf so there is still a fishery of some sort going on. They are probably involved in the crab fishery.



I stopped to photograph a large house with a shed with a sagging roof that was in bad shape.  A little further on I photographed a small waterfall and a small dam on the river.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:


No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...