Thursday, July 09, 2015

Red Fox














Red Fox

In August, 2005 I was driving through Gros Morne National Park when I saw a red fox cross the road. Hoping to get a photo, I pulled over and to my surprise, the fox came closer to me instead of running away. I assumed it was being fed by passers by because usually foxes run away. I was able to get close views, especially with my 70-300 zoom lens. In fact, I had to back off a bit to get a shot of the full animal.



Though I didn't feed the fox, it did hang around for a while and would perk up every time a car approached. Unfortunately, people who feed wild animals are not doing them any favours because they get used to people and associate them with food. Sometimes they may get aggressive and the outcome could end with the animal being put down.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...