Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Reptiles












Reptiles

I was looking at photos of Florida (it was 11°C - 52°F here for the past few days while the rest of North America is having a heat wave) and decided to share a few photos of reptiles enjoying the sun on a February day. I noticed the two alligators and a few turtles on the bank of a pond and approached them slowly. Only one turtle stayed there and with my 18-200 mm lens I was able to get a few close views. Of course, I didn't want to get too close to the alligator, one of which I estimated to be around 8 feet long. Eventually these animals got nervous and retreated into the pond.

I have observed alligators many times during my Florida trips and usually they will get nervous if I get close, but only one came out of the water and approached me. You can view photos of that incident at: http://kbrucelane.blogspot.ca/2015/03/alligator.html



If you would like to view more photos of reptiles, check my updated Galleries at: http://www.lanephotography.com/florida/reptiles/reptiles.htm

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...