Saturday, June 06, 2015

Droghedea 2













Droghedea 2

If you enjoy viewing objects from the past, you will enjoy the rest of the photos in this series.


Today's photos show the inside of Droghedea Historical Farmhouse. When I first visited my grandparents' home in the early 1950s, they had no electricity or running water. There were large pots in bedrooms where you could use during the night and a double seater outhouse in the yard. They had a stove similar to the one in photos uploaded to my Blog and a daybed in the kitchen. I think I remember kerosene lamps and large kettles on the stove as well. Maybe some of my relatives will remember more ... :)

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...