Thursday, June 25, 2015

Columbine










Columbine
June 22, 2015

This is the last of the photos I took of flowers in my yard on June 22, 2015.
The blooms today are columbine and the seeds were sent to me by a person on my Photo of the Day list from British Columbia.


I actually started the seeds in a friend's greenhouse 4 years ago and planted 8 seedlings in one of my flower gardens. They have been very successful and have spread all around my property. I have moved several large plants to other parts of my yard. As you can see, the blooms are beautiful and delicate. They attract many bees which crawl deep into the flowers which helps pollinate them.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...