Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Northern Gannets











Northern Gannets
 
I haven’t shared many photos of Northern Gannets for a while and will do so for the next few days. 
 
Cape St. Mary’s is home to the third largest northern gannet colony in North America and is the most accessible and southernmost nesting site.  I have been there many times and have many photographs of these beautiful birds.
 

Today’s photos were taken during a visit in 2003 when I concentrated on photographing the gannets in flight.  They are magnificent fliers and I enjoyed making photos as they flew by as well as when they were landing in the crowded colony.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...