Thursday, July 24, 2014

Burin Peninsula 7










Burin Peninsula 7

Today's photos were taken in and around the community of St. Lawrence on the Burin Peninsula.  This community has a rich history in the fishing and mining industries and is the location of a modern windmill farm that provides electricity for nearly 7000 homes.  The fluorspar mine operated from the early 1930s to the late 1970s and there is a possibility that it may reopen again in the near future. 


I photographed several old homes in St. Lawrence as well as a few scenic shots of the harbour. Lighthouses were very common lawn ornaments all along the Burin Peninsula and I am including another today.  As I mentioned previously, I didn't see a lot of abandoned homes along the peninsula, but I photographed a large one in downtown St. Lawrence.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.
Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...