Friday, July 11, 2014

Twillingate 2















Twillingate 2

I have to admit that when I drive around the province these days I see fewer and fewer old homes that have been abandoned or are in need of extreme maintenance.  In fact, most homes today have been renovated and have modern vinyl siding.  Even old sheds and barns are done up as well.  Most of the ones I photographed on previous occasions are gone or have been replaced by newer structures.  I assume the main reason for this is our new found prosperity.  For years workers have travelled to Alberta where they made big money and now there are several big projects ongoing in this province that are providing lots of work and high salaries.  This is a good time to be a skilled tradesman in Newfoundland and Labrador!


I did photograph a few old houses around the Twillingate area and have included a few images today.  As well, a cat sitting just inside a barn door caught my attention and it posed for a few shots.  I photographed a guy painting his shed with icebergs in the background.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...