Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Icebergs - 2014














Icebergs - 2014

Yesterday I travelled around the northwest Avalon in search of icebergs and I was not disappointed.  There were icebergs in nearly every cove and inlet in both Conception and Trinity Bays.  Many were visible along the horizon and there were lots across Trinity Bay along the Bonavista Peninsula. Apparently tourists are flocking to Cape Bonavista where there are 70 icebergs and the same in Twillingate where there are also lots of them.  It is a banner year for icebergs!!

I am going to interrupt the Communities Series for a few days to share the photos from yesterday's trip.  Actually, since I was sharing photos to promote the tourism industry, these photos can fit into the theme.  


As I drove through the various communities, I went down many side roads that led to the shoreline and made photos of houses, clotheslines, fences and even a couple of inuksuk with icebergs in the background.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...