Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Black & White










Black & White

Today I am sharing a few black and white photos taken in the 1970s and early 1980s. I remember where I took most of them but I don't remember others.  Unfortunately, I didn't categorize and identify my black and white negatives and now have to rely on my memory and sometimes it is difficult after 40 years.  If anyone can identify the places in the images, please do not hesitate to let me know.


The first is easy to identify because of the unique sea stack in Harry's Harbour, Green Bay.  I do remember photographing another unusual rock structure along the cliffs of Logy Bay in the early 1980s.  A photo essay of this area was published in The Herald soon after I had the photos developed and printed.  

The broken lobster pot and following two photos of fishing stages were taken in Quidi Vidi Village in the early 1980s.  And the last two photos were taken in Notre Dame Bay, possibly near Lawrencetown or Philip's Head. 

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...