Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter




























Happy Easter

I have created the Easter Story using 25 photos of Christian Art and have uploaded them all to my Blog this morning. Beginning with a beautiful stained glass image of the Last Supper, continuing with interrogation of Jesus, the scourging, the Crucifixion, the anguish of Mary, his Mother, the Resurrection, and a Blessing.
I am also sharing a poem I wrote years ago.

Good Friday

I watched
as they beat Him,
and I wanted to hear him cry out.


I stood by
as they accused Him,
and I wanted to hear Him protest.


I followed
as he climbed the hill,
wanting to see him flee.


I cringed
as they hammered the nails,
and I wanted to cry out.


I stared
as they raised him on a tree,
and I wanted to protest.


I stayed
as the sky grew dark,
though I wanted to flee.


I listened
as he forgave me,
and I began to weep.


I saw
as I looked into his eyes,
and I believed.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...