Friday, March 22, 2013

Flower's Cove










Flower's Cove

As you know from many posts over the past ten years, I enjoy making photos of houses, especially old houses that are in a state of disrepair and look like they may not last much longer. In 2004 I photographed this house near Flower's Cove on the Great Northern Peninsula along the Viking Trail. It stood alone with a couple of equally run-down outbuildings near the beach.

Nearby stood a single and broken headstone dedicated to the memory of Maria, wife of Thomas Michelmore who died in 1855 at the age of 20 years. I found it interesting that there was only one house and one headstone in this area. There is an interesting story here for sure.

These photos will be included in my new Flower's Cove Gallery which I should have uploaded by tomorrow.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

1 comment:

William F Matthews said...

A place to visit. Odd to see the clothesline near the dilapidated house. Headstone: Folks died of TB, flu, diphtheria, all sorts of nasty diseases back then, as well as accidents.

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...