Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Winter Walk





Winter Walk

The sun was still fairly low in the sky as I continued my snowshoe hike toward the Inside Hawke Hills behind my house on the Salmonier Line in Holyrood. There was quite a bit of soft snow on the trails through the woods, but when I got to the top of the hills the snow was much harder and packed down. As well, the wind was much stronger which, because I was sweating a lot by the time I got there, made it feel very cold. I continued on for about 1/2 an hour, then turned around and started back towards my house.

I forgot to mention yesterday that on this hike, I took my Nikon P500 only. It is a lot lighter and I don't have to worry about changing lenses and carrying my camera bag. It is small enough to carry inside my coat and I don't have to worry about it getting wet and iced up. As I have explained several times in the last year and a half, I find it frustrating because the viewfinder isn't very good and it is difficult to judge what the images are going to be like until they are downloaded. As well, the view screen on the back is not much good in the bright light. However, when I downloaded the photos, I was happy with most of them.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...