Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tulips









Tulips

The weather here in April and May was pretty good. In fact we had a few days of record-breaking temperatures for this part of the world. Then, for two weeks in late May and early June, we had rain, drizzle and fog along with single-digit temperatures (°C). Yesterday was the first really nice day we had in June - it was 22°C (74°F).


On May 20, I made today's images of tulips growing in my back yard. These early bloomers were a welcome sight and added beautiful colours to our yard.  

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

5 comments:

Marjo said...

We live in The Netherlands and love tulips. We have all kinds of tulips in our garden. For a large exhibition of tulips and other early bulbs flowers: www.keukenhof.nl
Just beautiful !

Vicky said...

Very beautiful Tulips, thank you for sharing!

William F Matthews said...

Great tulip pictures. The tulips are lasting longer a/c chilly weather.... when we are hoping to plant out some annuals and such. I do like the 'shadowing' approach to two of something - often one gets a divided image. It is also nice when the tulips are all in one focal plane. Many thanks.

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks for the positive comments. I will check the site referenced by Marjo from the Netherlands. And I always appreciate William's (Billy's) comments!!

mother of the bride suits said...

Soooo beautiful Tulips, they are very cute, I like them very much!

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...