Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Icebergs 10










Icebergs 10

One person on my Photo of the Day list (that I know of) was born in Carbonear so this morning I chose a few photos of icebergs photographed in Carbonear Harbour in 2003.  The last two were taken in Freshwater, the next community.  The iceberg in the last photo broke apart as I watched.  The photo immediately above is the same berg taken a few minutes before.  Someone asked if it was dangerous to be close to the icebergs and the answer is YES.  People have been killed because they were too close when a berg broke apart or rolled over.

So far I have received 22 responses to yesterday's survey on whether or not I should continue the Icebergs Series for another few days. Out of the responses, 21 (96%) would like for me to continue. As a result, I'll run it for another few days - maybe 5 or 6. Thanks for your input!

I am not sure if you are all aware, but in 2005 my son, Mark and I created a DVD entitled Icebergs. You can find more information at: http://www.lanephotography.com/photo_products/photo_products_02.htm.
SPECIAL: The regular price for this DVD is $24.95 + s & h, but during this Iceberg Series you can purchase it at 50% off - That's just $12.95 + s & h.
Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...